New Beginnings




Hi. My name is Beké, I have decided to create this blog to reach out to like minded people within the homeschooling and craft community. Even though I have a YouTube channel, I have been finding very difficult lately to create videos and so I thought that having a blog and sharing here would be easier for me as well as getting posts out to you sooner.  I will be sharing parts of our homeschooling life and how we do it here in Australia as well as our minimalist journey and crafts.

But first, here is a little about me and my family.
I am a music loving, creative person first and foremost. I have always been a creative being and I think this is the core of who I am. In saying that there are plenty of times when I am feeling un-creative and I will look at the things around me and think "what the hell are you doing with this stuff?" and I don't create anything.  I always need to have music in my life, and since becoming a mum, I tend to leave my music times kept for headphones, late at night. That is usually when I like to create as well, off in my own world, head filled with blaring music. This is when I am at my most happiest. Any music lover can probably relate. When I was younger I used to sing a lot in school and was in a band for a short time in high school. I still love singing, but have been fighting stage fright since school and it is something I am trying to overcome.

I am a wife and a mother of two. My husband Kyle is a musician who writes, composes and plays his own music, works a lot as an accompanist for choirs, schools and other musicians as well as teaches both instrumentally and music theory . His main instrument is Piano but he  also plays guitar and bass. I am so proud of the person he is and what he can do, and I think that he is underrated as a musician outside of our community. But he has been happily collaborating  with other people in different oars of the word (thanks to the internet) and writing and creating music for other YouTubers.  Kyle and I have been together for 6 and a half years, and we recently celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary in July.

Our two kids are Henry, who is 10 and a half and our daughter Claire will be 4 in September. Life really does change once you have kids, and even to this day I sometimes am amazed that I am responsible for these little people.
We live in a coastal town in Queensland, Australia.

Please join me in this blogging journey by subscribing and I hope that you will enjoy what I have to share.

B.


Comments

Popular Posts